We have all heard the expressions that say things like “Time flies when you’re having fun!”, and “Don’t blink, it all goes by so fast!”. In my younger, more carefree days (i can pretend those days existed, right?) I would kind of scoff when people said those things to me. I just knew that they were crazy! How can time suddenly start moving faster? The earth continues to turn at the same rate of speed each year as it travels around the sun, right? I am willing to admit that I now owe all of these folks an apology! Sorry I ever doubted you because you are correct and this past year went by incredibly fast!
As I think back over this past year I am greeted with some good memories and fun times as well as some periods of confusion and feeling overwhelmed. All in all, it wasn’t a bad year in my life and God has showered me and my family with abundant blessings. Here are some of the highlights:
- Took Max on the trip of his dreams in November when we went to Walt Disney World
- Started a blog and published 22 posts
- Learned that I am a people pleaser, which is part of what allows me to make commitments that leave me overwhelmed and have begun to work on not doing more than I can handle and to say “No” every now and again
- Max started Middle School
- Husband, an avid deer hunter, bagged three deer and filled the freezer
- Lost 20 pounds
Looking forward to the new year, i feel obligated to create a rather large and ambitious list of resolutions that sound incredibly awesome! Whether or not my resolve will last past this weekend I don’t know, but with God all things are possible. So here they are in all of their over achieving splendour:
- Eat supper at the table at least 5 nights out of 7
- Exercise at least 5 days out of 7
- Submit one article per month for publication in a magazine
- Write and publish at least one blog post each week
- Establish a new family budget and actually stick to it
- Begin following the “SOAK” method of Bible Study, and also begin Bible coloring using the GMG Coloring chart found here: GMG – Studying the Bible Using the SOAK Method, Coloring Chart and Meditation
- Focus on writing by committing time each Saturday to sit down and complete Compel training offered through Proverbs 31 Ministries found here: Probverbs 31 Ministries’ Compel – Words That Move People
- Continue to learn through extensive reading
Whether I achieve these goals in 2015 or not, I know that I am a loved child of God and perfect in his sight exactly as I am right here and now. Here’s to hoping that next year’s family picture has me looking a little less like Pooh Bear and a little more like Tigger, stripes and all!
Wishing you many blessings and great things in 2015!
The Lord bless and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace. (Numbers 6:24-26, NRSV)